Data protection principles
We will comply with data protection legislation and the fundamental data protection principles, which state that the personal data we hold about you must be:
• used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way;
• collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you, and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes;
• relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes;
• accurate and kept up to date;
• kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about; and
• kept securely.
What data do we collect?
We may collect and process information about you including (but not limited to):
• personal and business contact details such as name, title, address, telephone number, email address, job title and name of employer;
• information publicly available from sources such as Companies House, Linkedin and professional directories.
Why do we hold your data?
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
• to send emails, newsletters and other messages to keep you informed of relevant industry developments, market insights and our services;
• to invite you to events.
On what basis do we process this data?
TDC holds and processes your data for the purpose of marketing our services to you at your business, provided you have not opted out from receiving such communications.
TDC will hold and process your data for as long as it remains relevant to market our services to your business in accordance with our retention policy.
TDC, as data controller, will be processing data in accordance with our legitimate interest. We will therefore hold and process your data on this legal basis. You may object to the processing of your personal data on this basis and opt out at any time.
How do we keep your data secure?
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. All information we hold is stored on secure servers with industry standard anti-virus and firewall protection in place.
• You have the right to have your personal data corrected if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
• You have the right to have your personal data deleted or removed if there is no reason for its continued storage and processing;
• You have the right to object to having your data processed. If we believe there is a legitimate business reason for continuing this, we will discuss this with you;
• You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioners Office (ICO), details below.
Complaints or concerns
If you are not happy in any way with how we have processed or handled your personal data, please contact us using the details below.
Thomson Dickson Consulting Limited
221 West George Street
The ICO is the UK’s independent body set up to uphold information rights. You can find out more about the ICO from their website (www.ico.org.uk). The ICO can also be contacted by calling 0303 123 1113.